ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 04:47 PM   #1232
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

755-2
Hasbro- FOX Studios: Wolverine

I?m a big fan on Hugh Jackman and absolutely love his Wolverine performance throughout the FOX X-Men movies; or at least I thought I was a big fan given that I didn?t realize until right this very second that the Wolverine that this figure, as well as the other one with a while tank top, is based on my 2nd least favorite X-Men film: X-Men Origins Wolverine. I don?t suppose it matters much given that he really doesn?t change throughout the movies and the figures still look cool, however it just kind of feels like you are going to the prom with the most popular girl in school, but just as friends. Like it?s cool and all, but this was not what you had hoped for when you signed up for it.

Two questions for Hasbro if I had the chance:
Q1. Why this version of the character?
Q2. Can we get more X-Men movie characters?

And my two assumed answers to said questions

A1: Hasbro had the licence to produce toys for Origins and using this mold they could easily provide a figure that would satisfy fans while not costing an arm and a leg to produce.
A2: The original movie figure licence was held by Toybiz and was never re-negotiated when it was integrated with Marvel Studios. As such all the likeness rights would need to be re-negotiated with the various actors and as such wouldn?t be cost effective at this time.

Both answers are completely made up, but kind of make sense given how IP?s are currently handled. In any case, I?m ready for some 2000?s movie figures if they can make it work.

Pros: Despite this Wolverine being based on the 2nd worst X-Men movie, I REALLY love it. Helps that I hold Hugh Jackman and his portrayal of Wolverine in high regard, but the figure is quite exceptional. Fantastic sculpt, two amazing heads, a good amount of usable articulation and some spare fists. Great figure!

Cons: While I would have rather had a figure from the Days of Future film, this iteration is close enough.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping