ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
pud333
Master of the Universe
Action Figure Stands Review

So I've been getting a few inquiries about the stands I use for my toys, so I decided to just do a general thread where people can add their 2 cents and even suggest other stand options.

First off, is the simple protech stands. I use these for my 3.75" figures. They work for most 3.75" figures, from Marvel Universe to GI Joes and Star Wars. You can get them in clear (which I prefer) or solid black, and you can find these virtually anywhere, most notably wholesalecases.com, ebay, etc.

Next up are the Obitsu Body Stands. These are stands suitable for 3.75" figures all the way up to 6" figures. I use these as my standard flight stands. You get multiple length attachments, along with three different grip sizes. You can get these stands in various colors, but I prefer the clear ones. They are surprisingly sturdy, and can hold a decent amount of weight.

As you can see, you can pull off some nice dynamic poses.

Even Transformers can be posed.

If you have some figures that need an extra hand in standing, you can use the additional attachment that allows for easy vertical posing.

If you mix and match with the protech stands, you can set up some nice displays for your teams!

You can find these stands at various places. I got mine at HLJ.com, but they are no longer carrying the clear stands. I did a quick check, and if you search for "Obitsu Stands," or "Obitsu Body Stands" you can find them at other online stores and on Ebay, though prices vary. At the time, the cheapest place for me was HLJ.com. There are other flight stands available, like the ones Mattel sells, but I find these to be the most versatile. Some assembly is required, but all you need is a small screwdriver.

» Action Figure Shopping