ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 05:09 PM   #562
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

331-2
DC Collectibles- Batman The Animated Series: The Penguin

Continuing my quest to re-watch all the DC Animated features to date and give some thoughts regarding 3 key touchpoints: Animation Style, Voice Acting & Story. These are really just rough notes as I watched the movie and might not make a whole lot of sense unless you have recently watched it. See 290-2, 303-2 & 318-2 for my previous instalments.

Wonder Woman 2009
1. Animation Style- I really like the overall animation style but at this point am not used to the classic Wonder Woman, skirless outfit.
2. Voice Acting- Top tier- Kari Russal, Alfread Molina, Nathan fillian (so used him sounding like Green Lantern at this point)
3. Story- If you are familiar with the recent DC live action movie there is really nothing new here, except that this movie came out first and it takes place during “modern” times (something that I don’t love). There is a real badass first 10 minutes with the Amazon war and some great backstory/mythology. Overall I think this movie does a better job in telling the Wonder Woman backstory, but there is a lot packed in to this rather short cartoon. I HATE how Steve Trevor is such a jerk, but I really enjoyed the last act. Overall I think it is a superior movie to the live action, but not perfect.

Pros: DC Collectibles really has done a fantastic job in capturing the 3D model look of The Penguin, for better or worse. As with all DC Collectibles Penguin has a number of episode specific accessories that suit the character and a good amount of articulation.

Cons: How do you even articulate a literal sphere? Unfortunately you can’t, that is, you can’t very well; while The Penguin might look really good, overall he is basically a brick. A round brick, but a brink nevertheless. Outside of that the accessories don’t help to improve the figure and the included stand is a bit of a joke. Overall a nice figure to round out (literally) Batman’s rogues gallery, but not a great figure.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping