Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 10:27 AM   #16
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Dark Times Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkdog View Post
It's a shame, though I'm not too surprised. I've been to decently stocked TRU's, but I've also been to plenty shabby not too well stocked TRU's.

I suppose I could see Walmart trying to expand their toy sections if TRU fails at making it through this bankruptcy and goes fully out of business, but I don't know if they'll really care enough. I'll check out the toy section at a Walmart if I'm at one or particularly near one, and usually they feel pretty disappointing.
Walmart has been surprisingly good to me lately. I've seen the newest entire wave of Black Series, Full Thor waves (including Hela and Ares) and even a lone Bullseye from the Netflix wave. Perhaps Hasbro realized that Wal-Mart were paying their bills and TRU was not and increased their shipment volume accordingly.

I can totally see Wal-Mart increasing their toy stock if TRU falls off the face of the earth. Wal-Mart is all about capitalizing and making more money, and from that stand point I can totally see them trying to be the go to retail store for toys.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping