Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #24
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Star Wars Black Series Clearance @ Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Total agreement with you here. I was buying them by the case and picking up extra army builders on the side up until the Ep7 figures started. After that, I only cherry picked the non-sequel figures. I'll pretty much buy anything OT or even PT related, but the sequel-era holds zero interest to me. For awhile there it seemed like I was getting one, maybe two figures a wave max. Some waves none at all.

For comparison, I think Hasbro handles the Marvel Legends line much better. When there's a new movie out, they do one or two waves with a focus on that movie, and then move on to something else. They do a very good job of mixing in comics-style figures, even within a movie-focused wave. Lots of 2-packs, box sets, etc. Yes there are some waves that hang around for longer than others, but I think that is more due to over-production / over-ordering from retailers. And the best part is, there is basically zero carry-forward figures. I can buy each wave by the case, and the worst I have to deal with is 1 or 2 double-packed figures. They do re-use molds and re-release certain characters a lot, but most of the time they are at least different versions so there's a little bit of incentive to pick them up. And I haven't even mentioned the Build-a-Figures.
Glad to know I'm not the only one...and don't even mention adding a BAF or build a throne/weapon/diorama/anything piece in with black series figures. Feel like I got crucified a while back for suggesting this idea to help persuade people into buying full waves to cut down on peg warmers lol.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping