ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 11:53 AM   #222
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Wow, Over a month since I last posted. Hopefully I can get back on track here.

107-02
Hasbro / Takara-Tomy- Transformers- Studio Series: Starscream

Does anyone else find it hard to believe that it has been almost 11 years since the first Bay-formers movie came out? Things seemed so idealistic then and I’m not even trying to wax poetic, I really feel like the world and society is changing so quick that 11 years really does seem like an eternity ago. Since then there has been 4 (not so great) Transformers movies, an entire Marvel Cinematic Universe built up, an entire DC universe shut down and 4 new Star Wars movies created. Pop culture is certainly exponentially evolving and while I’m not complaining, I wish that producers would just “pump the brakes” a little bit and focus on quality over quantity. I mean, there is a reason why people love the original Star Wars movies: sure they were fun, well made and groundbreaking for the genre, but also were watched collectively by thousands of kids over and over and over because there was nothing else like it. If there was a new Star Wars movie coming out every year in the 80’s would people love Empire as much? I doubt it as it would just get lost in the shuffle.

What a long winded way of saying that when I saw this new mould of Bay-verse Starscream I was immediately nostalgic and had to pick it up.

Pros: Overall a fantastic robot mode with an equally as good jet mode. Transformation is fairly intuitive and simple, but still being a bit of a challenge.

Cons: Bottom of the jet holds a bit of kibble and it would be nice to have a better range of motion on his head. At $40 the price is a bit steep, but I have not seen a quality mainline figure like this since Revenge of the Fallen.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping