ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 02:36 PM   #1305
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

792-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Home Suit Spiderman

It’s been a while since I have done a review and rating on a MCU movie and given that this is a Spider-Man movie figure, why not start it up again with some thoughts on Spider-Man- Far From Home. I’m guessing you thought this was going to be for Spider-Man- No Way Home, but I pulled a sneaky on ya as I have yet to see it!

Anyways, I’ll be following my patent pending “good, bad, ugly” approach to reviewing all the MCU projects going forward to allow for a bit to write about on these reviews.

Spider-Man- Far From Home
Release Date: 2019

Opening Thoughts: FFH has a lot of heavy lifting to do given that it was the first major film to deal with the world of the MCU after the events of Endgame played out and if i’m being honest I’m not sure that it stuck the landing so to speak. Yes it’s fun (more on that later) and yes there are great characters in it (also more in that later), but as would be typical given that it is a SONY release, it feels like they were able to set the tone for the MCU before Disney was able to. And why you may wonder, who cares? It was pretty clear that Disney had a bit more depth to the return to normal in mind that was clear in some of the Disney Plus shows and movies that SONY just wrote off as a funny bit. I suppose that is kind of how comics are (world goes back to normal immediately after a massive threat) and these movies are just imitating that, but surely a bit more rebuilding could be done after 50% of all living things returned to the universe.

Pros: Despite being just another Spider-Man release I really like this homemade suit Spider-Man release as it is something different. The sculpt is nice and matches the look from the movie, the articulation is fine for a few poses and I've always loved that hood up/hood down trick Hasbro does.

Cons: As always, some type of web effects would go a really long way for these releases.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping