Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 01:10 AM   #37
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black 332nd Ahsoka’s Clone Trooper Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Just going by Stocktrack.ca and recent history in my area. Of the 6 WM's in my region, only 2 of them have these listed as "Out of Stock". The other 4 says "Not Sold". In the past, this has meant that those stores were not slated to receive the item. They don't even have the shelf tags, while the other 2 stores do. I'm sure some areas will have a greater number of stores getting them than mine (GTA for instance).

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I have little faith in Hasbro and zero faith in Walmart Canada. They have given me little reason to have faith in them. In my area, only half the stores got Luke Jedi, and it was only 1, maybe 2 cases each. TRU is much better for exclusives. They usually end up getting a lot more eventually. Walmart not so much. For now, I'll be actively hunting them to try and get something before the scalpers. Because these figures are perfect scalper bait.

Maybe Hasbro will ship more. Maybe they'll get a wider release to other retailers. I could even see them maybe getting re-released in 2pks or something. Ahsoka + Trooper in one, the 2 Mandos in another. But I can just as easily see these never again seeing the light of day.
I definitely see what you're saying and agree. Some stores may not even get these depending on your location and if your Walmart even bothers stocking and ordering new toys. Unfortunately the collector market just isn't very big in Canada and we're always gonna get the short end of the stick. Plus retail stores just don't seem to be willing to invest as much into toys anymore like they used to. Like even 5-6 years ago compared to now is a night and day difference when it comes to availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman82 View Post
I can confirm that this is the same in my area. Maybe half of the walmarts around me show out of stock but have tags ready for them in store. The rest that don't show up on the list do not have tags in store and from my understanding will not be getting any of these figures. I don't mind only select walmarts getting them but maybe 10minimum per store would have been nice.. not everything has to sell out in 2 days.. and even if they carried 20 per store and ended up with 5 on shelves after a week i still bet within a month the rest would be gone... we aren't talking about a peg warmer here.. these are troopers.. and a new unique one at that.
Toys just don't sell like they used to and retailers aren't wanting to invest into making sure the availability is there anymore. It's the sad and unfortunate truth. Especially here in Canada since we just don't have the buying power as our friend to the South of us nor a collector community as big as them either. In general I just find retail stores have been lacking in product for nearly 10 years now.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-11-2020 at 01:21 AM.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping