Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 03:31 PM   #2721
duelerx
Super Friend
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
In my opinion it's a size issue and it's usually a size issue. For example for the same shelf space you can put up 10 Lightning Collection figure maybe?

Assuming $10 profit each item. You can put up 2 power sword and make $20 if someone buys them.
Or put up 10 LC figures and profit $100. If you say the prices should be lower, then$5 profit per sword vs $10 profit for a figure? It means no more life size props.

I understand people want to be cheap but the nature of the collecting hobby is an expensive luxury to begin with.

Sometimes you can find good deals but otherwise. Larger size items are tend to be expensive.
I don't know who you're talking about when referring to profit, Hasbro or the retailer. The retailer will make less than 10 on a LC figure and MUCH more than 10 on something like a power sword. But a big part of the problem (for retailers) is the sell through rate. Even though you will make more on 1 power sword than 10 LC figures, you will sell 10 LC figures in a day, and maybe a power sword once a week.

Not that that necessarily justifies the prices they are charging in this scenario - for example if we ever get a power axe its possible it will be a Haslab project, and I guarantee you that won't stop them from charging 350 USD or more despite not having the retailers concerns to worry about.
duelerx is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping