ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 02:08 PM   #620
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

376-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Daredevil.

It's hard to believe that there was a Daredevil movie released before an Iron Man movie, a Thor Movie and a (real) Captain America movie, but that was the world in the early to mid 2000’s: the wild west of comic based movies. And you know what? It really was not that bad for the time. I think Affleck was a good choice for the titular character, Jennifer Garner was a great Electra and Colin Firth made an amazing bullseye; so what went wrong? Unfortunately I think it just boiled down to the fact that Daredevil was not a strong enough character to support a franchise and the movie was not tied to anything else. Does that mean that Daredevil is a bad character? I don’t think so and this is supported by how the Netflix series was embraced. That said I think that some characters like DareDevil need a bit more time to grow with ppl as his background story is less known than some of the heavy hitters.

Pros: Overall DD is a great looking figure that has a good proportions for the character, a beautiful paint scheme that really pops, a decent amount of articulation, and his trademark batons with a pouch to hold them in.

Cons: Unfortunately due to the BAF I had to pay some aftermarket prices for him, but that is really my own fault for passing him over so many times at retail.

Hey Daredevil! How about a picture for all your fans?

Umm, over here big guy.

It’s ok, I'm sure that could happen to anyone.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping