ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #55
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Vision
Wanting to try something new I decided to make a more futuristic stand for Vision. The colours worked out pretty well and I was particularly happy with how the red tubes turned out.

Scouge
Back to the war zone demo site. This is type of landscape really works best with the materials I'm using. Also my first time using grass.

Captain America
Same to match Scourge, but I wanted to see if I can use the stand to hold a thrown shield; think it turned out ok, but I recognize that it would have been better with clear plastic.

Boba felt.
For the pinnacle of my talents and my last completed project, I wanted to create a Japanese garden type setting to complement his hybrid Star Wars/Japanese look. Now I never have actually been to Japan, but I have been to Epcot Center in Disney World and trust me; this is basically a perfect representation of what any local Japanese park looks like, complete with the Torii Gate. And about that gate; believe it or not this was my 3rd attempt at getting it right, but hopefully it’s relatively accurate as I based it on many different pictures from the internet and I was limited to my ability to work with the bolsa wood. It's basically one piece that I cut out and sanded to look like different pieces of wood and painted to suit. As mentioned Boba’s stand was the pinnacle of my abilities with these materials and until inspiration hits again, probably my last.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping