ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 12:42 PM   #183
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

076-2
Hasbro- Titans Return: Windblade.

I checked out the Combiner Wars series on YouTube to see Wingblade in action and it is bad, like REALLY bad; makes me wish for the days of Energon and that is saying something. Sure, it’s nice that Hasbro developed a series to showcase these figures in action, but this looked like a poorly done student project. It’s a bit unfortunately given that The Transformers brand was built on cartoons and while I recognize that Rescue Bots and Robots in Disguise is a thing, it's really geared to younger kids. Is it too much to ask for a show as well produced as Transformers Animated?

Cartoon feature notwithstanding, I quite like the character of Wingblade and was happy to pick her up. I feel like I have another version of her, unopened, but not really sure where it would be and like the headmaster gimmick because it allows for extra playability with the robot head pilot.

Pros: Head gimmick is seamless and works well, solid robot mode with great poseability.

Cons: Jet mode it a bit basic with hands being completely visible. Blades look a bit oversized and out of place when attached to wings.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping