ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #361
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

196-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Peter Quill aka Star-Lord.

The Guardians of the Galaxy movie has done a lot in a relatively short period of time. Firsty it has popularized some very niche comic characters elevating them to be on the same level as Iron Man, Thor and Captain America, secondly it lead to the resurgence of the one hit wonder “Come and Get Your Love” by the 70s band Redbone (a song and band that I have NEVER heard in my life, but can’t get enough of currently) and lastly, it made an action star out of Chris Pratt playing the one and only Peter Quill and I for one cannot wait to see what is in store for our new hero Star Lord.

What’s that? He was Thanos snapped into dust and floated away into space? Oh alright.

And even if the defeated heros are reborn by the end of Avengers 4, the 3rd Guardians movie is in jeopardy because Disney fired James Gunn over some questionable tweets that he sent over 10 years ago that surfaced? Oh, um… hmmm. (Sorry, I wrote this a few months ago.)

Well, did you hear that Disney bought Fox and all the X-Men can be included into the MCU now? That’s fun right???

Pros: There is a lot to like about this figure: Great overall sculpt with a nice looking overcoat, decent pre ‘face printing’ head sculpt, awesome masked head and a good selection of accessories including his 2 guns, Plot device Infinity Stone orb and headphone/walkman cassette player.

Cons: Truthfully, nothing really too bad about this figure. Yes, the human head sculpt is a bit off, but it is easily remedied by using the much cooler masked head and the overcoat is a bit cumbersome, however is true to the movie and certainly looks the part and of course the cordless Headphone/Walkman set up is a bit frustrating given the discrepancy of the cordless headphone included verses the corded headphones that the character is known for, yet still not a deal breaker. I suppose the worst part of my figure specifically is that when he was placed in the blister package, his arms were bent in a way that warped the plastic elbow joint. Thankfully it doesn’t affect the figure too much unless you are looking for it.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping