ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 11:00 AM   #366
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

199-2
DC Collectibles- The New Adventures of Batman: The Creeper

It really pains me to say this, but parts of the “Bruce Timm Verse” Batman Animated series have really not aged well. I suppose that after all this time It would be reasonable to assume that somethings would not hold up, but after rewatching “Beware of the Creeper” in preparation for this review I was pretty surprised at the over sexualization of the female characters and the borderline sexual harassment that is found throughout this cartoon geared at younger aged boys. Not grabbing my pitchfork or lighting my torch just yet, but I think it’s safe to say that things in popular culture have certainly changed. Now beyond that, I actually really like the idea of the Creeper and think that DC could develop him into a bigger character; perhaps a bit of an anti-hero akin to what Harley has become. In fact I could see a mini series with them teaming up against the Joker.

Pros: I really dig The Creeper’s overall unique look (disputed not knowing that he was essentially naked) and DC did a fantastic job producing a figure from right out of the carton complete with a lot of mass thanks to his huge red boa. As with other TNBA figures he also comes with some additional hands and episode specific accessories as well as the typical amount of articulation for the line.

Cons: While I appreciate the look of the boa, it doesn’t function very well and makes the figure extremely top heavy; so much so that his poseability is hindered.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping