ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 11:59 AM   #368
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

201-2
Disney- Toybox- Pixar: Mr. Incredible & Fireball Jack-Jack.

What’s the general consensus on Incredibles 2? Did everyone like it? Did it stand toe to toe with the original? And perhaps most importantly, was it worth the wait? Like most others I loved the first one, but was cautiously optimistic that the sequel would be as good and for the most part it was. I figure that with these 5-6 Incredibles figures I’ll include either one thing I liked or one thing I didn’t like about the movie; let’s just think of it as the longest running movie review in history.

So I’ll start with something good: the timing/timeline. Even though the movies are 14 years apart, Incredibles 2 picks up right where Incredibles ends and to be honest, it’s a gutsy move as the reliance on the audience to come prepared for the next chapter of the story really depends heavily on the movie goers understanding of part one. Despite some early exposition through out the first few minutes if you don’t know this family, you might be lost and let's be honest, there is a lot that can happen in 14 years for people who have lives, unlike myself, that don’t make an effort to re watch Disney and Pixar movies on the regular. At any rate, it’s a bold move and I think one that pays off, especially since it allows the Underminer to shine, if not just for a few more minutes

Pros: Way back in one of my initial reviews I sang some praises for the Pixar specific 6” (ish), fully articulated Mr Incredible that was released by Thinkway Toys. The line was short lived, but it had potential that was eventually realized by Toybox in the form of these figures. So as you can imagine I’m a big fan of this figure with its Infinity style sculpt and decent articulation, including ankle tilts! I also commend Disney on including a Flaming Jack Jack accessory to showcase one of him many powers.

Cons: Even though I have said 100 times that I love the Infinity aesthetic, I can’t help but wonder if Mr. Incredible cold not have been just a bit bigger as Bob in the movies really does tower over his family. Also due to his size posing is a bit challenging as he’s a bit top heavy.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping