ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #370
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

203-2
Playmates- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- Usagi Yojimbo

True story, despite really wanting Donatello, I never had any of the original turtle figures, but was fortunate to have the Playmates version of Usagi Yojimbo when I was a kid and let me tell you, he certainly made an impression as my second favorite TMNT character, that is somehow not really a TMNT character, of the whole series. I suppose his inclusion could even count as one of the first major crossovers of pop culture media; that is if people were that aware he was in fact, from a different series all together, a series that I understand is really well done; too bad that I have never looked into it. That said, when I saw his inclusion to the Nick Turtle line I was really excited to pick him up and for the most part he does not disappoint.

Pros: Really nice looking sculpt that both captures his look from the show and his somewhat grumpy disposition, A good amount of articulation and two swords with scabbards to store them! Yay! Also, I think I mentioned this before, but at under $10, these are a great value.

Cons: Given the price point it’s a big ask, but a few more points or usable articulation would be great as well as including his hat that he wears throughout the show to complete the look.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping