ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #1014
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

612-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Studio Series: Bonecrusher

Oh my word, I am such a sucker for these Studio Series figures; especially the ones from the first live action Transformers movies as they really hit from a nostalgic point of view. I mean, it came out 14 years ago and so much has changed for the brand and let’s face it, not really for the better. Sure if you love constant barrage of Optimus = Red truck and Megatron = Silver tank then I’m sure you really enjoyed the last 14 years given that’s all we have got, but even back then I was ready for something else, but alias, Hasbro isn’t in the business of taking chances anymore.

Pros: Much like the other Decepticons in the live action movies, Bonecrusher has an extremely unique looking robot mode that the designers were able to capture. This is quite the feat considering that I’m not sure that the character modes were originally designed with realism in transformation from robot to vehicle in mind. The transformation is fairly complex, as is the case with these Studio Series figures, but I was able to manage without Youtube assistance. Vehicle mode is solid and does a decent job in hiding the robot parts.

Cons: Overall bone crusher is a bit difficult to get decently posed, but I attribute that to the unique design. Also, I feel like he should be a bit larger given to scale better in vehicle mode with the other studio series figures.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping