ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 01:44 PM   #1015
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

613-2
Hasbro- G.I. Joe Classified: Duke.

Here’s a hot take that I’m sure that I shared before: I’ve never liked Duke and do not feel that he is on the same level as Optimus Prime, Matt Tracker or He-Man in terms of the various 80’s cartoon good guy leaders. I mean, he’s not even the top ranking member on the Joe team, but perhaps worse in my mind: he’s just an extremely boring character with blond hair, blue eyes and overall a generic look. Over time they have even worked to update the character in the movies and cartoon series, but to no avail for me anyways; there are just way better characters in the Joe lore that I’d rather see in action.

Pros: Despite my relative apathetic view on the character, Duke is another fantastic G.I. Joe Classified figure that I’m happy to have in my collection. Solid overall sculpt with lots of detail, exceptional articulation throughout, nice weapon selection with the ability to hold them all at one time and even an old school backpack that can be pegged into his back.

Cons: While not really a con per-se, Duke’s head sculpt looks EXACTLY like a guy I work with. Like it's seriously freaky. Outside of that I know that other collectors hate all the unnecessary details on his suit, but it doesn’t matter to me as I really do not view these as legit military figures.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping