ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 12:30 AM   #8
joshimus
Convention Exclusive
Re: Toys R Us Canada & Their Increasingly Insane Prices

I was gonna buy the AVP set today until I saw the pricetag. I get the dollar is weak, but we can't be paying THIS much more.
I had to pass.
Also, their "collectors corner" is a joke. Some stores have some selection, others almost none. I mean minecraft and Halo Mega Bloks by the zillions, but where are the "collectors" stuff? They take up those shelf spots!
Also, I am sick of Transformers Platinum pricing as well. I refuse to buy any on 2 counts. 1: They are horrible colours and 2: I bought TRU Soundwave, with all 5 cassettes and BLUE like he should be for close to half the price of the clear and red version. G2 Laser Prime which became 2000 RID Scourge was roughly 40.00. Now Platinum is 200.00. WTF is that all about?
Insecticons for 80? Smokescreen is around the same price to buy a Takara one.
You can barely find Neca, you can barely find Figuarts (which TRU USA I believe have) No Gremlins, no Simpsons (don't collect but as a point)
If you do a Neca search on Tru.ca. 2 pages. Do one on Tru.com, 6-8 pages. Hell, search Godzilla and see the options Tru.com has.
Sorry for the rant. There is so much wrong with what is going on in Canada right now in the collectables Dept.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping