ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #405
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

227-2
Disney- Toy Box- Pixar: Elastigirl / Mrs. Incredible

Way back on review 202 for Mr Incredible I started reviewing Incredibles 2 with some positive and negative things that I felt about the film. Truth be told I have not really watched it since, so I’ll have to re-familiarize myself as these reviews continue for the rest of the family, but I think I’ll be ok for this one and this was one of the more disappointing things that I took away from the movie.

Now before I get too far in, i just want to say that I am 100% supportive of girl power and appreciate strong female characters in all media, but that said, as a father of 2 children whose wife worked out of the country since the kids were 8 and 10, felt that Bob / Mr Incredible was shown as a bit of a buffoon when it came to raising his kids, all for comedic effect. He was around when they were born right? The supers were outlawed before the kids were born, so was he really that hands off during that time? I know hundreds of Dads that are plenty involved with their kids so helping with relationship advice, homework and baby rearing (perhaps not super baby rearing) should not end in the way that it did. I feel like there could have been a way to make Helen/Elastigirl a badass while still showing Bob as a competent parent, but they went the lazy route for easy laughs instead.

Pros: Another great representation of the Pixar character with Infinity style sculpting, good articulation and comes with little Jack-Jack figure. Also check out that perfect face sculpt, I can almost hear here say “Let all the men have all the fun? I don’t think so, I don’t think so” out of the side of her mouth.

Cons: She’s a bit difficult to stand up and pose. I also would have hoped for some type of “Elastic” type accessory. There's also writing all over her butt which is kinda weird.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping