ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #376
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

207-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Doctor Strange Astral Projection.

So I guess I’m in to making lists now because I decided to now rank the Marvel MCU films much like I’m doing with the Pixar films. It’s a nice bit of harmony as both have 20 films, span a good amount of years and have had various degrees of success. The only difference, in my mind anyways, is that the MCU is really on a roll with a really exciting few years ahead whereas Pixar seems to have stalled with less than impressive sequels and very little new content on the horizon. That said, the MCU took a number of movies to get going, movies like…

Marvel Cinematic Universe Rating- 20. The Incredible Hulk- I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who’s favorite MCU film is The Incredible Hulk. Now that is not a slight at the movie, as it’s completely fine (and much better than Ang Lee’s Hulk from a few years previous), but missing the connective tissue that is present throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Perhaps because it was only the second one out of the bunch and had to rely heavily on a character that is pretty one sided in a story line that is familiar (Hulk smash). I would be surprised if the “fair weather fan” would even know that The Incredible Hulk was part of the MCU, especially considering Mark Ruffalo was not even attached to the character until the Avengers. In fact it’s a bit curious as to how Edward Norton would have fit in if they decided to not re-cast.

Pros: I want to like this version of Doctor Strange as I think it looks really cool and fits well within his ability to exist in the Astral realm where he has ghost-like features. Looking closely, the sculpt is really well done with lots of detail in his costume. There is also one more added point of articulation on his calf area that actually helps his poseability and kind of makes me want it standard on all Marvel Legends going forward.

Cons: Astral Doctor Strange could have been a fantastic figure, however unfortunately you get no “magic effect” or cape accessory, hindered leg poseability due to the damn plastic skirt thing and the dread that a leg or arm is going to snap off given the brittle feeling plastic coupled with really tight joints. DISAPPOINTED!!!

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping