ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 03:40 PM   #378
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

209-2
Funko- Disney Afternoons: Uncle Scrooge McDuck

If you grew up with The Disney Afternoon shows it’s pretty clear as to why it was so popular: familiar Disney characters in fun and exciting adventures and given that Ducktails was one of the first, it was, in my opinion anyways, one of the best. Not to say that it would hold up now, as it was clearly for kids, but still had some decent Episodes, a movie and even a NES video game that honestly may have solidified the series in my memory more than the cartoon. Ducktails has also survived the reboot process with a new version that I legitimately find to be enjoyable to watch as an adult; it’s still geared to kids, but has the humour you would find in shows like Gravity Falls or Adventure Time if that is your cup of tea. At any rate, it’f fun and worth a watch.

Pros: Fantastic detailed sculpt with character specific accessories, including his trademark Cane

Cons: More of an issue due to the size, but Scrooge has rather limited articulation. Funko did what they could and works well enough, but n true greedy Scrooge fashion, I would have loved more.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping