ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 07:43 PM   #1501
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

S-34
Playmates- Star Trek: Wrath of Khan Spock.

To borrow a phrase from Star Trek's sci-fi competition ?This is not going to go the way you think (Luke Skywalker- The Last Jedi). That?s the basic thought that I had after I opened Spock and to not bury the lead: I thought that I would like these Playmates Star Trek figures. Turns out that they are not great. I suppose that my expectations should have been appropriately in check given that Playmates isn?t known for awesome figures, but I had hoped that this would fill the hole in my collection that McFarlane left by bouncing on the franchise after only 2 figures. And while the figure is not bad per-se, it just could have been so much better. For instance, I?m not ready for a 3 ? figure resurgence and would have much preferred a 6? figure, why are they going with this smaller size? Overall I?m one and done with this line and will continue to hold out hope for a more robust line of Star Trek to add to the collection.

Pros: Look, I?m not trying to be a hater here and it's fun to like things, but this is just a swing and a miss for me, but on the pro side: The sculpt is decent for the size and I think the radiation gloves are kind of fun.

Cons: The figure has the articulation of an old school G.I. Figure and is about as loose with the joints. The accessories are neat, but are an odd choice considering his right hand is molded into a live long and prosper hand sign. Lastly, the stand is appreciated but basically useless given that it's not wide enough for both feet to stand on and raised up so he cannot stand up straight given that he has no ankle joints.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping