ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 04:04 PM   #1505
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

881-2
Hasbro- G.I. Joe Sigma 6: Destro Crime Boss

Crime boss? Why is Destro pulling heists for some stacks of cash and gold bars? Did he lose his weapons contract from the US Government when they found out that he was providing HISS tanks and profiting off the ongoing war between Joe and Cobra? Actually that wouldn't have been a bad storyline for the character: a true neutral party that would be playing both sides and getting rich in the process. Eventually money is no longer enough to satisfy him and he then creates his own army named the Iron Grenadiers to take hold of the power lost by both GI Joe and Cobra given that years of fighting have taken it's toll. His reign is short, but comes to an end when Joe and Cobra come together in a joint effort to break up the Iron Grenadiers leaving Destro as a ground roots crime boss who needs to steal to get himself back on top. That would also explain the crazy and much maligned pimp daddy look that was produced bizarrely early in the Classified series. I feel like it's an easy story line and has likely already been done in the comics, but I would love to see this as a cartoon movie or even the season of an animated series. Probably a lot to ask considering that it wouldn't revolve around Snake Eyes, but if the IP is going to move forward and survive they really should be trying something new.

Pros: I recognize that I'm not exactly the most impartial person when it comes to these Sigma 6 figures, but Crime Boss Destro was one of those figures I knew I was going to love right out of the box and thankfully he did not disappoint: A solid figure with an awesome build, some cool weapons and even a bank safety deposit box with stacks of cash and bars of gold. I wish I was a kid when these S6 figures came out as they are fun as hell.

Cons: Minor budget cut that made a noticeable difference: Hasbro must have removed the belt (featured on the instructions) which is really too bad considering that his pants look hilarious without. Makes me wonder what other budget cuts I'll be seeing on these figures going forward?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping