ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion
Re: Toy Fair 2013 News Coverage Pictures and Details Round-up from Day 1

Looks like the first batch of Star Trek Kre-O is going to be a slam dunk as far as I'm concerned.

You've got a nameless set (No box I can see so far) with a Runabout, Sulu and some dude in a red suit.

Then you've got four Miniature Models similar to the Mini-Star Wars ship builds, I can't wait to get that Enterprise Mini and put it next to my LEGO Star Wars Mini-Builds.

They're introducing a new light-up feature, that sounds promising.

The Klingons all look different, they seem to be modified slightly from the original TNG designs to include battle helmets.

We've got the entire crew in Kreon form except for Pavel as of yet, at least none of the sets with Kreons seem to indicate Pavel is there, sorry Chekov, looks like you're slated for a Wave 2, if it ever get's that far.

Much like with Transformers the first wave of Blind Packs, or Collection 1, is only six Kreons instead of 12, so it shouldn't be too difficult to complete that bunch. As a bonus you get four named characters and two troob buildable dudes, I foresee at least five Gorns and five Klingons coming home with me when those things hit retail.

Judging by the boxes I'd have to say there are a lot of small priced sets with only a few larger priced ones, should make it easy to complete the entire line without spending too much.

The Joe Kre-O stuff isn't much new we haven't seen before, I'm certainly hopeful those will hit soon at TRU, but I could use a bit of a breather to play catch up with my TF needs and such before they hit.

All in all I'm pleased by Hasbro's Kre-O offerings, a shame they don't seem to be delving into 3 3.4'' figures for the Star Trek line, as of yet, but perhaps they didn't want to show those figures off for whatever reason.

Anyway, Hasbro you have successfuly piqued my Kre-O interests, do try to keep in mind that we collectors are on a budget in certain areas. I just hope that die-hard Star Trek fans will be interested in what Hasbro is offering, as the continued support of a toyline like this would require at least some of the die hards to get into it as well as all the kiddies.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping