ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 01:36 PM   #1321
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

806-2
McFarlane Toys- Fortnite: A.I.M.

These McFarlane Toys Fortnite figures continue to impress and while the line is basically dead, I have to give credit where credit is due: a lot of care and effort were given to this line that has something that the current DC Multiverse line, his current priority, doesn’t have: 1. A wide range of unique characters that doesn’t revolve around Batman and 2. Gun accessories. And while I know that the “no guns” thing isn’t their policy, it has a massive impact on a collector line of figures that are meant for an older audience. In fact, it has irked me so much that I’ve basically stopped buying the DC figures, or at least the ones that are supposed to come with guns. I’m sorry, but I just can’t behind a Peace Maker with only a sword, a Joker with only an axe, or perhaps most egregious: a Red Hood with finger guns; goddamn finger guns. Anyways, for those Multiverse collectors that still want their figures to have guns consider picking up these Fortnite figures as they come with a fantastic arsenal and you may actually get why I love these figures in the process.

Pros: A.I.M. (not sure what it stands for) has an excellent sculpt with some really fantastic sculpted robotic details throughout. Articulation is McFarlane standard that allows for a number of cool poses and I really appreciate the inclusion of 2 pistols which I think looks kind of cool. I also want to give a shout out for the pick-axe accessory. It’s not my favorite design, but kudos to them for making them all unique to the character.

Con: I have some slight issues with McFarlane’s ankle articulation on this guy and makes me wish that he would ditch the ball joint pivot on that area.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping