ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 02:23 PM   #1327
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

811-2
Hasbro- Transformers Prime First Edition: Bulkhead.

It’s not too often that this happens to me, but I can recall the day that I bought this Bulkhead. The year is a bit hazy but given that it’s First Edition Prime I’m going to go with 2010. The reason why I recall the day is because it was December 26 and the day after Christmas. I recall taking my kids to Toys R Us to spend their Christmas money and here I saw these 2 Voyager (Bulkhead and Optimus Prime) sized gems for the first and only time at retail, just sitting on the toy shelf like a goddamn Christmas miracle. I was actually really shocked given that there had been really nothing too exciting released for a bit and I was already set for the post Christmas wasteland that plagues toy isles until March. Sadly I eventually sold Optimus given that I didn’t end up loving the series, but I knew that I had to keep Bulkhead despite him going for a huge amount of money online; he was my favorite character from the amazing animated cartoon series and even though I didn’t take to Prime the same way, I knew I had to show the character some love.

Pros: I still find it interesting how different the first edition Prime figures are from the regular releases that were released fairly soon after. It’s been a while since I reviewed that Bulkhead, but included a picture for comparison. Overall I prefer the First Edition one given that there is less emphasis on gimmicks and feels more like a “collector” type figure. Both modes are really nice and suit the character well. The articulation is decent for a figure this size and was able to get him in a number of nice poses and he comes complete with his big wrecking ball that can fit on the end of his arm.

Cons: My only issue is that in robot mode, the wheels on his back stick out far too much and make a top heavy figure even more difficult to pose.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping