Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 10:31 PM   #905
Hoffman
Agent of Shield
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Turning this into a yearly event is going to over saturate the idea.

I can totally see why retailers don't want get sucked back into the same formula again.
I agree with your first sentiment 100%. Hasbro should not be trying to push a "Force Friday" release event when there's no product available for customers.

I place the blame almost exclusively on Hasbro though. It's entirely possible that low retail orders have made Hasbro a bit gun-shy, but from my experience, they are simply not producing enough product to meet demand.

Major distributors are not even receiving enough product to fill orders. Diamond, who Hasbro themselves direct buyers to as one of their major distributors, didn't even list product for wholesale accounts until a week AFTER Force Friday. Why? Because they couldn't even find out from Hasbro until then how much product would be available for them.

Which opens up a whole other problem about how Hasbro is soliciting product, but that's a whole other can of worms.

That being said...we've got lots of Jyn figures available if anybody is still looking?
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping