ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:01 AM   #770
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

470-2
Diamond Select- Avatar: The Last Airbender: Katara.

As of this writing McFarlane has announced that they are producing Avatar figures and I could not be happier. I feel that there is a lot of potential for the line and really look forward to a McFarlane take, but just hope they keep up the articulation from the current lines. (Quick sidebar, on Instagram, some dude was making fun of collectors who liked articulation on their action figures. Like equating posing figures to being childish? I suppose the irony was lost on him given that he was posting on a video about a new toy, but whatever. And while it seems to be odd that I’m talking about my excitement for a McFarland Avatar line, it is way better than reliving my disappointment in Diamond’s offering. I’m not saying that they are bad per se, but I’m not sure why Diamond still has a loyal fan base?

Pros: Overall Katara has a nice sculpt and good likeness to her cartoon counterpart. The articulation is fine, and the water bending effect/stand is nice. She also comes with a set of other hands and her little healing water pouch that fits around her body.

Cons: **Sigh** Hard plastic skirt strikes again. I really would love to ask designers what the point of lower body articulation is if they are just going to cover it with plastic thereby limiting most poses. Also the extra hands are really no different than the existing ones and the “bending” feature is ok, but would have rather hand water effects, not unlike what Hasbro has been giving some of the Marvel figures. I’m not even excited for this line to continue.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping