ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 06:09 PM   #300
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

005-R
Hasbro- Beast Machines- Cheetor
Release Date (approx): 1999-2000
Current Price and availability: $45.00
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/HASBRO-Trans...8AAOSw8A1aenFR

Much like Obi Wan from my initial retro review, this figure also represents a bit of milestone as the the first Transformer toy in my collection. Sure, I had a bunch when I was a kid, but was never saw the appeal of the new style Beast Wars figures that preceded this Beast Machine line because I just didn’t get it. I’ll gladly admit that I was wrong about both the Beast Wars show and toys as I was probably not prepared for something so new and different from the original incarnation of the Transformers. Fast forward 20 some years I would certainly welcome something new in the franchise as having the same old story with Optimus, Bumblebee and Megatron told 5 similar but different ways is getting real tired.

Pros: When Beast Machines was first introduced I was really taken by the stylistic designs, interested in the story arc and excited to see the return to vehicles in the transformers world and even though this particular figure no the best representation of the character, he’s still pretty unique. He has a good size and decent transformation. And while it doesn't happen very often, I like his cheetah mode more than his robot mode and display him as such.

Cons: His robot model is a bit gangly and has a really difficult time standing unassisted. I’m also not a fan of included action features that hinder articulation and movement. I get that this is kids toy, but even when I was a kid, having claw swiping action never did it for me.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping