ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #414
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

232-2
Disney Toy Box- Marvel: Ironman

Rating of worst to best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies continued; see review 207-2, 210-2, 216-2, 222-2 & 228-2 for the previous instalments.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Rating #15. Ant Man and the Wasp

For the most part I liked Ant Man and the Wasp, but I can’t help but feel that, in a roundabout way, it too was a victim of Thanos. Not in the *Snap* way, but more in the way that after the amazing events of Infinity War, a fun little Ant Man and the Wasp movie could never live up to the movie that preceded it. That said, it is a great example on how the Marvel Cinematic Universe Is literally made up of all different types of movies that complement each other well, but ultimately feel different from one another. The story of Ant Man and the Wasp is enjoyable and provides a bit of a back story while still linking itself (in a rather big way) to the rest of the MCU. Unfortunately the Villain(s) are pretty weak and not very memorable, especially the vendor of the goober (Spiderman reference FTW!) and it is unclear how they will fit into the growing Ant-Man universe, if at all. I suppose I should give credit that the filmmakers went for something different than a rehash of the first one as they could have easily made another shrinking villain to fight just like the FLASH does every season with another speedster. What is next for the Ant-Man movies? Not really sure as it seems as though they have done their bit for the MCU and could easily be dropped in favor of other Marvel properties, but I would be lying if I said that I wouldn’t like more adventures of these character

Pros: Another fantastic Toy Box figure that features a nice blend of sculpt and articulation with a the cartoonish accuracy of the old disney Infinity figures. I also appreciate the added blast effect that can fit on his hand or foot.

Cons: This particular Iron Man suit has a bit of a different color scheme than the more well known red and gold version, but was later rectified in a newer Iron Man release. I also wish they would have included another energy blast for both hands. Additionally, unlike most other Toy Box figures, Iron Man is missing ankle tilts.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping