ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 09:56 PM   #420
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

235-2
Jakks Pacific- Disney Afternoons: Darkwing Duck.

“Let’s Get Dangerous” Seriously, such a great line and from a Disney afternoon cartoon no less. I’m actually surprised his motto made it past the disney lawyers, but it was the 80’s so maybe the general public was not quite so litigious yet. I’m waiting on the eventual dumbdowned reboot where the new “improved’ motto will be “Let’s Get Dangerous in a Controlled Environment Where Risks Have Been Mitigated For The Safety and Enjoyment For All” I don’t know, seems a bit wordy. In all serious I would love if they did a reboot for Darkwing in a similar style as the super enjoyable new Ducktales cartoon: hell they already have Launchpad so what is holding them back?

Pros: It’s frickin Darkwing Duck in 3D articulated glory,sculpted beautifully like he stepped right out of the cartoon complete with his signature Hat and trustly Gas Gun.

Cons: Alright, alight, there are a few issues that I have with old DW. The leg articulation is a bit of a letdown on this figure, but was something I was prepared for as it;s a constant issue with these afternoon figures. I’n not sure what the solution would be, but given that the leg movement is pretty well pointless, it might have been better to just leave them imoble. Also, I wish the hat was removable. I get that these are basic figures, but it would have been nice to actually see his face.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping