Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 04:59 PM   #1734
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
??? Why would they ever charge $50? He's a small monster, the same size as a ranger, a putty or a Tenga. Regardless of sculpt, the amount of plastic used to make the figure doesn't equal the price.

Mcfarlane's figures are larger than any of Hasbro's and cost $25-$30. Hasbro actually should provide the public with a reason as to why there are so many price hikes amongst all of their lines in less than a year.

$40 bucks per figure is robbery at this point. If it's headed in that direction, I'm done. I really only wanted to complete a Wild Force team, but there haven't been any inclinations that Hasbro is even making that them.
It's not just about how much plastic is used, it's also about how much tooling and sculpt the figure has. Finster is the most ambitious LC figure to date when it comes to sculpt, detail and tooling. The accessories also factor in as well. He comes with another set of hands, two tools that can be held on his apron, a brief case that can open, close and fit 3 removable putties. All of that is tooling that cost money. I'm not even trying to say it's fair that we pay as much as we do for these figures but if there was one figure in the line worth paying $40 it would be Finster. That's all I'm trying to say. Especially when compared to those mediocre monster figures and every other Ranger figure that just re-uses the same sculpt over and over again except for the head.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 08-26-2021 at 05:04 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping