ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:14 PM   #10
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Re: G.I.Joe Retaliation Movie Discussion(Spoilers)

Saw this in 2D (refused to support 3D, when it was the whole reason for the delay) on Friday. The action was really great, but the movie overall I felt was very mediocre. Maybe my expectation was a little high, but I guess I was just wanting more. It didn't help that the commercials, trailers, and promos kinda gave away the best bits. I found to be better than the first, but still came away a little disappointed.

The thing that bugged me the most was the lack of character development. I know, I know, I shouldn't expect this kinda stuff in a movie like this. But Flint, Jinx, Firefly, they were just kinda there and weren't really given any backstory (Jinx barely said anything). I also thought it was kinda of dumb, that the only surviving Joes were Roadblock, Flint, Jaye, Snake Eyes, Joe, and his retired lot. I mean, really? They're supposed to be an elite fighting force.

Didn't Ray Park say Timber was supposed to be in the movie? I'm guessing it's a deleted scene now. I can't help but wonder that maybe all the character/plot developing scenes were left on the cutting floor.

Storm Shadow not being dead, I guess to an extent, can be explained by them somehow finding his body and bringing him to heal in the mountain retreat by the old lady and machine. It was cool seeing Snake Eyes and SS fighting side-by-side, though I felt that the subplot of him not being responsible for the hard master's death a little forced. Also, it was disappointing that there was only the one SE vs SS fight in the movie.

Big credit should be given to Jonathan Pryce's performance as the President. Especially his take as the evil/Zartan one, he was hilarious! Also love that little nuance with Cobra Commander's voice, where he'll sometimes hiss.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping