ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #82
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

2-011
Disney- Star Wars: K2SO

I think I’m a bit of a sucker for Droids; or perhaps just K2SO, because I never intended to buy another Disney 6” diecast figure from their Star Wars line and I totally caved. I previously reviewed Captain Phasma and the First Order Storm Trooper and found that while they were extremely ambitious, the finished product was not worth the cost. Sure, they have some heft to them, but it comes at the expense of the poseability, which makes the figure pointless; it a figure is too heavy to hold a pose, what is the point of giving it articulation?

I will say that where a human character fails, a droid character flourishes and it really makes me wish I picked up some of the other droids. It should seems obvious, but the Die Cast construction lends itself to the droid design and gives some further realism while not hindering articulation because the character that is being emulated is in fact metal.

However, this is far from a perfect figure as the posability is still hindered due to the weight and can easily fall over, but at least it looks good in a static pose. I will also say that I got this guy on a blowout sale for $8, a much better price than the $33 MRSP and worth every penny in my opinion. Even if you were just picking up a figure for your desk you can’t go wrong for that price.

Pros: Great likeness with good articulated joints and an unbeatable value if purchase on sale.

Cons: Weight limits the ability to hold a pose without falling over.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping