Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 08:48 PM   #5225
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
And another thing... I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but not so much here, is that the blind box packaging effectively kills in-box collecting. So where Hasbro could previously sell two figures to the same customer, one to open, one to keep in box (though I don't quite understand that logic), now there is absolutely no point to in-box collecting. It's just box collecting. Which is dumb.

Oh, and I while Hasbro might be saying outwardly that they are reducing plastic use in their packages for environmental reasons, I think that's 100% marketing BS. Now they don't have to pay for plastic trays or windows, and they don't have to pay for extra steps in manufacturing the boxes, and gluing in the windows. Some people say that printing more art on the boxes will cost more, but definitely not more than all the plastic.

And if they were actually concerned about not putting more plastic into the environment, THEY WOULDN'T BE MAKING TOYS OUT OF PLASTIC!!!!
Thaaaank you! I've been addressing this point in other groups as well; the amount of toxic fumes and particles that get vented out into our atmosphere in the process of making toys makes their reasoning here pretty disingenuous.

They could have just gone the Transformer route and made the window area smaller too, but again, I think they're just trying to put a "green" spin on their greed.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping