ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 01:51 PM   #1372
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

835-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: GwenPool

Million dollar idea for Disney Plus. An animated series of shorts where GwenPool bounds around to different marvel universes meeting well known and lesser known marvel heroes and villains effectively introducing them to a wider audience. It can be from the MCU, the comics, the cartoons, the FOX movies and on and on and on. Why Gwen Pool? Well as far as I understand she?s actually a fangirl from our universe that was transported to the comic universe whose superpower is just knowing she?s in a comic. Hell, part of her shtick is spending time on her phone, so it would be easy to do each EP like a series of Tikitok or Instagram shorts as she interacts with each character. I really think this could work if they mirror the same sensibility as the Harley Quinn cartoon, violence and all.

Pros: GwenPool seems like Marvel's answer to Harley Quinn that never really took off which is kind of too bad as I think she?s very unique. That said, Hasbro went all out (for Hasbro) on this release and I am extremely impressed. Fantastic sculpt with a lot of unique parts, a solid amount of articulation for some nice poses and an impressive amount of accessories including 2 swords with storage backpack, 2 heads, a few sets of hands including a peace sign and hands to make the heart sign, and even a cell phone. And as if that was not enough, they added a little pouch for her cell phone on her belt? When Hasbro wants to do something well, they really do it well.

Cons: More of an issue with all female characters, GwenPool should really have double jointed elbows: it's 2022 for goodness sake.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping