ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 03:54 PM   #1374
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

837-2
Toybiz- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: Lothlorien Celeborn.

Thanks to a seller on Kijiji I was able to fill some holes in my LOTR collection which is what the next number of reviews will be based on. Unfortunately for me they are all loose, but in decent condition (for the most part, more on that later). As it stands, I believe that I have a Toybiz LOTR collection that is 95% complete with only a few outliers which I’m pretty happy with all things considered and looking back, it’s funny how it all came together. Who knew after finding a number of choice LOTRs figures at my local and favorite comic shops for a ridiculously cheap price that I would be spending the following 8 months hunting the rest down. Would it have been easier to have just picked these all up 20 years ago when they were plentiful and price at a fraction of what toys cost now? Yep. But there is still a good chance that some of these figures would have been really difficult to track down back then too. In any case I hope you are into LOTRs as much as I am again, because there are a lot of figures coming down the pike for OUR enjoyment.

Pros: I assume that this is just a re-deco of a forthcoming Elron figure with a different paint scheme and head sculpt, but who am I to judge: they are elves; how different could they really be? In any case, there is very little action in this action figure, but I suppose I can let it go considering that I doubt he is expecting much action in this garb. That said, I have to hand it to Toybiz for keeping the “static action figure” market alive as this figure reminds me of the various “cloaked” Star Wars toys from the 90 and on. I mean, is anyone really buying a Chancellor Valorum figure from the Phantom Menace line with the intention of doing anything BUT putting on display?

Cons: What you see is really what you get from Celeborn, however he’s probably not one of the best Toybix has to offer given the limited mobility and a cape that keeps falling off.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping