ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 05:19 PM   #1531
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

893-2
McFarlane Toys- DC Multiverse: Green Lantern- John Stewart.

It has been a long while since I was reviewing the DC animated movies and I probably should start back up again because as far as I am concerned, it’s the only media created by DC that I currently actively consume. I don’t read comics, I’ve stopped any live action TV shows and let's not even talk about the movies (just yet anyways), but the animation department is KILLING IT. Seriously, while Warner is cutting new live action projects left and right and James Gunn is killing franchises, the little engine that is DC Animation is releasing new projects almost quarterly like clockwork and it’s mostly good! Most recently I was able to watch Green Lantern: Beware My Power, which featured a John Stewart Green Lantern and it was GREAT and gave me a new appreciation for the character as I was never much a fan of him from the Justice League cartoon days. Imagine for just a second: a Green Lantern that audiences actually liked? Well, this is the one for you.

Pros: This could be one of my favorite McFarlane figures from recent memory. He has a great overall sculpt with lots of suit details and a good amount of McFarlane “:standard” articulation, but he really shines in the accessory department with a very cool “construct” minigun, armor and backpack combo that looks amazing. Seriously makes me so frustrated given that DC will still not allow guns with their collectables.

Cons: A flight stand and a Lantern accessory would have been a great addition to this figure.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping