ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 03:22 PM   #1537
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

896-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Death’s Head II

Ok, here’s the thing: I used to collect comics in the 90’s, but nothing really ever of importance or value. I was never into picking up X-Men, Spider-Man or even Batman because they were all too popular (X-Men and Spider-Man) or so far into the run that starting my collection at issue #458 was all that appealing to the completionist in me. For that reason I typically gravitated to “new releases” of monthly books that were early on in their initial run. This is how I ended up with so many random comics based on underappreciated charters (like Sleepwalker and The MAXX). Anyways, that is all to say that I was aware of Death's Head II a long time ago and may even own his first appearance? I’d have to check the short box in storage, but there was a time, back in the 90’s, where Marvel UK was releasing books in Canada that definitely featured Death's Head II, along with a few other Marvel UK favorites. I was pretty keen on these from the jump, but either did not continue buying them or they went out of production as was typical for many books back then. I’ll have a look and report back with my findings on a future Marvel Legends review.

Pros: I’ve been a long time fan, or rather a long time admirer, of Death's Head II and even though I know little about the character I love the design and was very keen to pick him up. The figure does not disappoint with its detailed sculpt (just look at that beautiful head), unique right arm cannon weapon and imposing stature. All that and they still included a spare hand I think is meant to emulate a “come here” gesture that I did pick up until after I was done taking pictures.

Cons: I did realize until after I had opened him, but there is no BAF included with him. I guess his size makes up for the missing part, but it just seems like I’m missing out due to paying the same price.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping