ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 05:59 PM   #1236
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

757-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Spider-Man

Do I like the MCU?s version of Spider-Man? I mean, yes of course I do, but also? maybe no? Let's just say I don?t love the direction they are going. I should qualify that I love all the actors and the overall design of the characters (with one exception), but I just feel it is WAY too influenced by Iron Man and I think by focusing on that relationship and dynamic, we are missing out on the heart/moral centre of the character of Spider-Man which is Uncle Ben. Sure, I was really sick of the ?great power/great responsibility'' schtick, but that is a central part of Peter?s mythos and should not be overshadowed by a rather shallow mentorship with Tony Stark who was a narcist prick right until the end. Like, was the guy who literally hit on his Aunt, months(?) after his Uncle died really the guy who Peter should emulate as a responsible hero? I dunno; that?s the hot take I?m trying to make. I don?t like how Marvel is making Spider-Man into Ironman 2.0.
The other issue I have is with Michelle, or ?MJ? as is forced into the Homecoming. I should say that I have NO issue whatsoever with Zendaya playing the part of Peter?s girlfriend, or even as the titular character as MJ. I just don?t like how they made her weird and unlikable. She was basically invisible in Homecoming and then somehow, based on no reason whatsoever, Peter is madly in love with her in time for Far From Home? Perhaps in the new movie she will have blossomed into a confident model type that we would expect from the character, but I?m not going to hold my breath.

Pros: Not much of a difference between this and the Spider-Man from the Homecoming Two-pack that I reviewed in #590-2, but this one includes a new head with narrowed eyes.

Cons: As I mentioned in the last review, there needs to be a bit more pomp for a character of this magnitude. I suppose this release came before web effects, but seeing as there isn?t even a BAF piece it feels like a major cop-out. Also, I can not stand these stupid underarm web effects as they never stay in place and only look ok when the arms are in a certain position.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping