ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #364
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

197-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Combinderwars: Dead End.

On the grand scale of sports car alt modes, the G1 Dead End ranks pretty low on the list for me. I’m not saying that I would not happily drive a Porsche 944, but it certainly would not be my first choice. In fact, when I got his G1 version as a kid, I didn’t even realize that it was a Porsche until much later in life and even then I still prefer the 911 as made popular (to me) by Jazz. That said, I would have much rathered Hasbro did at least a version of the 944 on this figure to look a little like his namesake?

Pros: As with the other combiner wars figures, Dead End is a nice update to his G1 counterpart and features a nice sculpt (despite the vehicle mode), good paint job and excellent articulation.

Cons: I really wish they would have attempted to match his G1 vehicle self as it was a pretty unique looking car. Also I’m not sure why this is a thing with the Stunticons, but apparently they gave up all their guns for Double Dragon weapons. I’m totally fine with things like swords and spears, but a pipe? And even if he tried to hold it like a gun the silly pipe end would shoot up to the sky. Sigh, maybe the designers are creating a backstory that as cars, the Stunticons spend a lot of time at the Junkyard.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping