ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
joshimus
Convention Exclusive
Work In Progress. Marvel Legends Style Gargoyles Goliath

Been wanting a larger more detailed line of Gargoyles for years but I have doubts we'll ever see that happen. So, noticing BAF Goblin from the ASM2 ML figs, I decided to use that body for Goliath.
This image is just a test with my iphone to see how it's looking. I still have a lot to go. Also the contrast makes him look more purple than he is.

What I did:
- I made him new hind heels while keeping Goblins toes and modifying them
- He has 3 fingers and a thumb like he should
- I modified the face and added the hair. Thinking about changing his mouth to closed. Not sure I am feeling how it looks now.
- His wings are a mixer of an old DC Manbat figure, cloth and added joints and parts for the wings. He has a nice wingspan and, like the pic, can fold his wings around. Not as "cape" like as I would like, but I only have what I can work with. Not perfect, but at least it works.
- Also added his tail from an ML Blackheart (used the hind legs from him too)

Still plenty to go and I am sure a few revisions. The wings are complicated with the fabric and making sure things have enough movement. Still happy so far. Only gripe I have is the sculpey I used for the hair, the sorta rubber bendable when dried stuff, it's still tacky. Not sure what to do about that but I needed his hair to be somewhat bendy for head rotations.

Will post more pics as I get more done.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping