ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
solo0525
Undead
Re: So, I just got the new Legacy Megazord and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
For an anniversary figure, it is quite the disappointment. I know it's a redo diecast parts version of a 2010 that I was never able to find and wish I had. Diecast can't be modified so I can't fiddle around and improve this one.

Now, as an owner of the first original one, this is where my disappointment comes from. For one, I don't get the knee nubs. If it isn't going to improve leg articulation, why have it. It just looks stupid and out of place. I get it, the parts are smaller so maybe this was the only way they could make it work. Then I think about the Masterpiece Voltron which I to own. They made that work for the legs, the black lions legs slide up the other two's asses and lock into place. No problem. Even gives MP Voltron knee articulation.

To be fair, I haven't watched Power Rangers for probably 15 years now. I barely remember the second crew post originals. I see the toys on shelves and I think of cheap KO knockoffs. I am so surprised that after 20 years Bandai still can't make truly awesome Zords. I remember many years ago the Train Megazord was a huge hit, but that's really that last bit I remember looking great.
I'm not saying this Legacy Megazord is crap, it is just that it had more potential to be greater than the original. Hell, for the 30th anniv. for Transformers, we are getting a 2ft Metroplex that looks DAMN good.
I guess comparing the Legacy to things like Voltron MP And Metroplex is unfair, but again as an owner of the original Megazord, I can tell you that the original stands above this one, not just literally in height but in overall design and aesthetics. It just looks better and that was 20 years ago.

Anyone else have thoughts on this or is it just me?
Could you take pics please .. Im curious of what that looks like .. I almost picked it up .. I noticed that the target version was way smaller the the original megazord.. Im curious if hes just as small or the same size .. I still liked it especially because they made a titanus that fit that zord ..

» Action Figure Shopping