ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 11:55 AM   #1279
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

774-2
Diamond Collectables- Lord of the Rings: Gimli

So I’ve had a bit of a love hate relationship with Diamond Collectables. The few Marvel figures that I picked up were cool, but the Avatar: The Last Airbender figures were a bit of a disappointment and the Rocketeer figure provided a mix of emotions. As such, my expectations were appropriately in check when I picked these new LOTRs figures. From the onset it seems like I was already getting the old bait and switch from Diamond, what will be great looking figures, but missing key accessories in a play to save money. As an example, Legolas apparently has dagger holders, but no daggers? What in the world were they thinking? Thankfully though, they have said on their Instagram that the upcoming Gollum will come with a few extras, including daggers for Legolas. I’m not sure I fully support this type of release, given that a character should really come with everything up front, but it certainly makes me enjoy the line more.

Pros: Gimli is a figure of the year candidate, if I did such a thing, for me. I may have said that about King Kong too, but what can I say? I can’t help it if I accidentally opened two amazing figures back to back. The sculpt is fantastic and has some amazing detail throughout, the articulation is usable and allows for some great poses and the axes are perfect accessories. Really happily surprised with this figure.

Cons: While I believe that Gimli has all his typical accessories, I do not like Diamond’s practice of packing character specific accessories with other characters. Also, on Gimli specifically, he has these molded metal rings that should be used to store his weapons, but are molded to the body and are not functional.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping