ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 02:33 PM   #1001
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

602-2
Disney Toy Box- Disney Classics: Captain Hook.

You know what is interesting to me? The fact that the Peter Pan ride in Disneyland is still one of the most popular rides throughout the park. It’s crazy that an original, opening day attraction, often has longer wait times then the more high profile rides and if you have been lucky enough to go to Disneyland you’ll often be waiting 45 to 60 minutes to board, but I think there are a few reasons for this. Firstly, it’s a low capacity ride. The pirate ship ride vehicles amount to basically a floating bench that is only built for two people. Compare this to a ride like Pirates of the Caribbean that has a ship that can fit like 15 people at one time. Secondly the ride vehicles need to come to a complete stop in order to both load and unload. This might seem like a given, but other 2 person rides, like The Haunted Mansion and The Little Mermaid, are able to cram a lot of guests in without stopping given their OMNIMOVER ride system that is always moving much like a moving walkway that you would find in an Airport. There is also the added time that the Cast Members need to wait for guests to sit down, get all their personal belongings set and get the lap bar down. I suspect this part takes the longest as the general public is terrible at this sort of thing. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, the ride is awesome. It has a distinctive ride system in which the ride vehicles hang from a moving track located on the ceiling, much like a ski lift. This gives the feeling that the ship is flying through the air and gives riders the perspective of looking down over London and Neverland. It’s truly an enjoyable and unique experience and could be a bit of a thrill for those that are a bit scared of heights. Overall it’s one of my favorite rides and if I can get to the park early or stay late enough it’s worth a bit of a wait.

Pros: I’m not even kidding; Hook is one of my favorite Toybox figures to date which is weird as I almost returned him to the store. The sculpt is spot on, he has a good amount of articulation, including ankle tilts, comes with a sword, sheath and even his garish pirate captain hat that fits on his head remarkably well.

Cons: As is standard, there is some limited movement on his legs due to his long coat, but it’s not as egregious as on other figures.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping