ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 12:32 PM   #1002
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

603-2
Hasbro- Star Wars Black Series: Death Squad Commander.

What are the chances that the actor used for the picture on the card back played a rebel soldier too? It’s so funny to think of all these random English actors/extras in the 70’s running around, playing dress up for a minimum wage, playing roles that so many super fans would love to now play; so much so that they would do it for free! I wonder if this guy even knows that his image was used to sell the figure that is based on his part. Perhaps the first round of original 3 ¾ figures, but I doubt that he is still with us to see it on these scaled up retro figures which is a shame given how these guys and not just the main cast, made the original Star Wars so special.

Pros: Is it bad that the Death Squad Commander is one of my favorite recent Black Series figures? I suppose my love for the figure can be attributed to my own personal bias as I will always give extra points to a toy that achieves what it sets out to do: be a well sculpted, fully articulated figure with nice character specific accessories that does not suffer any mobility issues or frozen joints that lead to breakages. I realize that it is a rather low bar to hit in order to be considered a favorite, but after around 700 reviews, not too many figures meet these specifications.

Cons: Not a “CON” per se on the figure, but on the costume design; like those helmet circles look hilarious. Also, and while I’m probably wrong about this, why does he come with a rebel blaster? Did both the Rebel and the Empire have the same ones?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping