ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #1004
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

604-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Yondu

I really have to hand it to Michael Rooker for giving life to the extremely odd character of Yondu. First of all he’s completely blue, which I’m sure is a painful process for an actor to go through day after day. Secondly he’s playing make believe in a crazy comic style, sci-fi flick which really doesn’t seem like his style given his filmography appearing in some personal favs including Days of Thunder and MallRats. And finally, he has an amazing character arc that really makes you like him at the end of Vol 2. Maybe if we are lucky we’ll get some more “Rooker style” Yondu in the new MCU movies, but given his perfect death sequence at the end of GOTG 2, perhaps it’s for the best that we just keep that memory.

Pros: Hasbro can really kill it when they want to and Yondu here is proof; he looks like he just walked right off the screen with this sculpt. I also love both sculpted heads and really appreciated how they incorporated his special arrow. And while the long coat SHOULD limit the articulation, it really doesn’t as there are enough cuts and breaks to make it work.

Cons: Literally my only issue is the fact that Hasbro did not provide an arrow without the energy effect. I tried to make my own, but didn’t have the tools, or actual desire to really make a real effort.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping