ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 12:34 PM   #1008
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

607-2
NECA- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Movie: Leonardo.

Oh, this is a treat. This is the first time that I am doing a review on a toy that a person who is directly responsible for its existence may actually see it. For that reason I’m skipping my pros and cons (It's great but with the same issues as the others) and cross posting on Instagram. For those not aware, the movie features live action actors in extremely advanced Henson studios costumes; this was the time before CGI and motion capture and believe me when I say this, it still holds up. And while the suits look good, it’s really the actors in those suits that gave such convincing life to those characters and as luck would have it, one of those actors follows me on Instagram and is a fellow father to a gymnast! His name is Mark Caso @mark_caso and he gave life to Leonardo in some of the live action iterations as well as a stunt actor in some other notable projects. I honestly can’t imagine how anyone would be able to do “normal” movie things in those suits let alone choreographed fight sequences, but he was able to make it look easy. As someone who grew up watching those films, loving the TMNT franchise and having Leonardo as my 2nd fav (sorry) of the group I just want to say thanks for making my childhood that much more magical.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping