ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 02:51 PM   #1009
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

608-2
McFarlane Toys- DC Multiverse: Hellbat Batman

As I started what little prep I do for these reviews, I had one of those “blast from the past” nostalgic waves that hit you when you least expect it. I was reading about the origins of the Hellbat armour and thought how funny it was that Batman had an armor for everything and then remembered a rather cool toy line that was basically made entirely up of crazy Batman suits. Two in particular come to given that my son had them as a kid: Zipline Batman who was in a standard looking suit complete with some nifty zipline action accessories, and Arctic Shield Batman who was the ever important, cold weather warrior that came with, you guessed it, an arctic shield as well as some type of anti- freeze ray. I’m not really sure why, as a toy collector at the time, I poo-pooed these toys as they were actually pretty cool: Around 6 inches, articulation comparable to the power of The Power of the Force line from 4 years prior, lots of accessories, a cloth cape and all for about $10! What an insane value! If you are interested in checking out the line, there is a database with pictures here: http://www.batmanytb.com/actionfigur...atman/series2/

Pros: McFarlane really swund for the fences on the first wave of this DC Multiverse line and for the most part, he hit it out of the park. Hellbat was a bit of a crazy choice given that it’s not really a well known iteration of Batman, but damn if it is not impressive. Just look at it; it's a thing of beauty! I was blown away by not only the fully detailed sculpt, but also the level of articulation and pose-ability, not to mention the cape that folds out to some MASSIVE wings. Oh did I mention that he was only $25? Really solid figure and honestly is in contention for toy of the year for me.

Cons: Not a darn thing. Hellbat Suit Batman is really fantastic and a great choice if you are wanting to sample the McFarlane wares.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping